Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I.G.N.I.T.E



Well, it has been quite some time since I have written anything down on here, but I guess that comes with the territory when you are keeping up with two children instead of one and you are preparing for a move. Plus, I like to write when something has got me really thinking and not to write just to say something. So, I've been thinking a lot lately about my time in Ohio and how it has greatly affected my walk with Christ and the people in the photo above (a few are missing) have A LOT to do with it. PJ and I started going to our church maybe a couple months after we arrived in Ohio and a HUGE reason why we stayed was because of this group of young adults. Until going to this church, it was rare for us to be around people our age with and without kids that really loved the Lord. Of course I knew young adults who went to church, but when I started hanging around this crew I noticed a big difference between them and other people I have come across that go to church. The biggest difference was when we talked about things going on in our life, the conversation all came back to God and what He may be doing in our lives or how we would see our sin affecting our relationship with God. Sometimes I would just sit there and listen to these people speak and think, man, this is AWESOME!!! Awesome because you don't see this very often. Seriously, when you are a believer of Christ it is hard to find friends who believe the same and actually CARE and stand by what they believe, in a world where the last thing people are concerned about is Jesus.  

PJ and I started attending Ignite classes on Sunday mornings and then my wonderful friend Katie asked me about coming to their book study nights at their home two Saturdays out of the month as well. I said yes, of course I would like to come. The first time I went to the book study I was a little bit lost because they were already in the middle of a book, but I was still able to somewhat participate in the discussions. My brother from another mother, Andrew, led the group and everyone else would just chime in. I remember sitting there thinking that this group was out of my league. I mean I was happy to be there but I felt dumb hahaha. I mean there was just some smart cookies in my group and plus the way they talked about the book we were studying and God was just like whoa!! Yeah, I just said that. It was just deep at times. Sometimes I didn't understand why things had to be so deep at times because hey, if God said to do it, we don't need any other reason cause uhhhhh he's God lol However, the more we talked the more things made a lot more sense to me, convicted me more, intrigued me more. I was just sucked in and thought man, where have you guys been all my life? I looked forward to going to Book Study every other week and having fellowship with my new friends. Plus, all the food and free babysitting was nice too lol It was just a great time to learn about God, each other and laugh and cry and ask questions without being judged. Oh man, it was delicious. Plus, after we finished discussions we would just hang out, sometimes until 1 in the morning and guess whose child was still up with us?  Mine, because he never gets tired haha. I just really loved it and grew sooooo much from our time together. I know my husband did as well and for that I am truly thankful because he hasn't been around other young men who love the Lord and care about His Word so that was great for him to be around. 

Sadly, our book study is no longer because EVERYONE LEFT hahaha, can you detect my anger? lol First it started with the Dolphs and the Bruggemans. The picture above was our last big hang out with them. We still had book study but then the Spinks left (punks lol) and so with the leader of our group leaving, book study was over. A good amount of us were still here but I think we all just knew no one could lead the group like Andrew cause he is pretty awesome. Besides, even though most of our group was still here, more were leaving. There are only 4 couples left and guess what? 3 of the 4 are moving in less than a week and of course, I'm in that group. Poor Jackie and Dave, they are the last remnant of our group, sorry guys. 

Anyways, I just wanted to write about this group because they seriously had a HUGE impact on our spiritual growth. We have grown so much from being around them and when book study was no longer we certainly felt the loss. The first few weeks of not having it I kept thinking, why are my Saturdays not busy anymore? I quickly realized why....sigh. I miss and will miss all of these people. We were able to meet with the last of us that are still here at our home before most of us move soon and it was just nice to have a final Saturday hang out and game time while kids were being watched. (thanks Lizzie) Just want all of you to know that I love you and I will always remember our sweet times together. I pray God is and will continue to work in your lives. I'm thankful He put all of you in ours. 


---------

So now I will say the first thing that pops in my head after thinking of each person in this group lol

Athena- my minority sister who laughs right along with me
Drew- wondering if he shakes his head at Athena like PJ when I laugh really loud
Ali- I have always thought you were such a beauty and had a sweet soul
John- You laughing so hard at what I wrote when playing Balderdash, that you were crying
Tim- The Soul Piano Man, I want to sing to your music
Emily- One of the friendliest people I know
Molly- You have the ability to start up a conversation with anyone, such a people person
Matt- Sometimes I had no clue what you were talking about, but I knew it was good lol also I still   
          can't believe you listened to DMX
Kelly- Sweet girl who always made some yummy desserts
Brad- you're not very good at psychiatrist lol
Kelsey- Starbucks runs before church, or stories about how forgot your coffee at home
Candace- Everything rocks your face off!! lol getting the chance to really talk at the ladies retreat
Emmanuel- Andrew always asking you after discussions, so is there anything you want to add
                    Emmanuel
Jackie- your willingness to open up during Book Study, even if that meant shedding a tear or two
Dave-has nothing to do with book study, but all of your potential shark tanks inventions lol
Adam (not pictured)- you my friend, are delicious, thank you for being an awesome friend to my
           husband and being a great influence in his life. I know he loves you.
Rachael (not pictured)- you are lovely and pretty funny
Dave S. (not pictutes)- you are a really sweet guy and always kind and playful with Peanut.
Andrew- My brother from another mother, rocking out at praise and worship rehearsals, powerful 
               speaker
Katie- you know how I feel about you, I love you.
PJ- You're my husband so I don't need to say anything about you hahaha just kidding...I love you, I'm 
       thankful for your willingness to be influenced by those who love the Lord

well that's it folks, thanks for reading......on another funny note, Jackie is pregnant in this picture taken two years ago and she's pregnant now lol

No comments:

Post a Comment