Friday, January 25, 2013

A Moment of Prayer

Dear Lord,

I need your help!! You are the only one who can help bring about change in my life. Thank you for saving me and helping me to see that I am a sinner and without you I do not have eternal life, but I know and have seen that it doesn't just stop there. I need to turn to you constantly and for everything. I know you desire for me to run to you for everything and to cast my cares on you, but I at times forget to do this or think that I can handle things on my own. LORD, help me to see that you are all I need, that you are the only one who can give me true satisfaction in my life. Not my husband, not my son, not my role as a mother, as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter can truly satisfy me. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE who gives true satisfaction. Help me preach this into my life everyday as I am being hit with all of the nonsense that the world says that sounds so appealing. This world is selling a lie and I am guilty of believing it so many times. Help me to run and chase after you!! Help me to pick up your Word when I want to fall into the world, help me to get on my knees and pray instead of turning on the tv or looking through my ipad to escape this life. Help me to love my son and husband and all of my family more. Help me to love you more. I want to love you more. I want to be so filled with you. I want you to pour out of me. I thank you Lord for your love and for forgiving me when I fall because I know that I don't deserve it. Help me to be more forgiving of others and to show generosity to others because you have shown it to me. Thank you for the people you have put in my life that have shown me generosity and kindness when I know I didn't deserve it. Thank you Lord for what I know you will do and for what only you can do. I love you.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment